Wrington Vale SurgeryContact:
Practice Manager, Pudding Pie Lane Surgery, BS40 5EL
Tel: 01934 852 906 (for appointments, general enquiries and test results)
07000 862 041 (daytime emergency number - to contact the Duty Doctor for urgent medical problems only)
111 (out of hours - after 6.30 pm weekdays and all weekends)
To view a pdf of the latest Wrington Vale newsletter click hereOut of hours arrangements
Patients nationally call 111 to contact the Out of Hours GP service. The Out of Hours (OOH) service details click the link below
Patients who contact the OOH service via 111 and are then advised to be seen by a clinician can have an OOH appointment at one of two bases: Clevedon Hospital or New Court Surgery, The Boulevard in central Weston super Mare. Patients seen after 11 pm through the overnight period are seen at the old Weston Hospital GP OOH clinic base.
The Dispensary is an integral part of the Practice at the Pudding Pie Lane Surgery.
All prescriptions and medication and related queries will be processed from Pudding Pie Lane Surgery from that date. Patients will no longer have to go to the old Churchill surgery to collect their prescription or medication.
The dispensary opening times will be 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Patient services at Wrington Vale Nedical Practice include:
The Mendip Suite medical and complementary services
- Routine surgeries by appointment and home visiting
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Minor surgery
- Dietary advice offered by a visiting dietitian
- Travel advice and immunisation including yellow fever
- Health promotion
- Chronic disease management programmes including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke and hypertension
- Counselling service
- Family planning, including fitting of coils (IUCDs)
- Maternity care offered by a visting midwife and her team
- Child health surveillance.
The Spire Hospital, Bristol now runs an outreach service at The Mendip Suite, Pudding Pie Lane Surgery to offer convenient local access. Patients wishing to see a clinician privately can now see the following specialists at The Mendip Suite:
- Ms Jo Lott, Physiotherapist
- Mr Dan Titcomb, Consultant General Surgeon
- Mr Paul Durdey, Consultant General Surgeon
- Mr Paul Wilson, Consultant Plastic Surgeon
- Mr Farukh Qureshi, Consultant Urologist
- Ms Nicola Brown, specialist Cosmetic nurse working with Mr Wilson
In addition to the Spire clinical services a range of complementary therapies are also provided from the Mendip Suite in the Pudding Pie Lane Surgery, at present including:
- Podiatry (chiropody)
- Neuro-linguistic programming/
- Holistic massage c
- Colour therapy
- Sports massage
For more information about the range of services offered from the Mendip Suite at Pudding Pie Lane, please ring 01934 854 730.