The Parish of Churchill lies within the electoral ward of Blagdon and Churchill. It is a rural Parish serving the villages of Churchill and Langford, close to Weston-super-Mare, Bristol Airport and the Mendip Hills AONB.Key facts
- The geographical size of Blagdon and Churchill is 2365 hectares
- 2% of the total population of North Somerset live in Blagdon and Churchill
- The average age of people in Blagdon and Churchill is 40.7 years
- The residents of Blagdon and Churchill have an average life expectancy of 82.6 years.
The 2011 Census
- The total population of Blagdon and Churchill is 3890 people, of which 2250 are in Churchill Parish
- There are 1887 males and 2003 females
- 20% of this population are aged between 0 and 15 years. This mirrors the national average
- The percentage of people aged 65+ is 4% lower than the average for the wards in North Somerset, although it is almost identical to the national average.
2011 Census information is now available at town and parish level, with comparisons to North Somerset and national figures. To view this this information click here Churchill Parish Census Profile 2011